The American College has a lively and tolerant international community. International students from countries of Europe, the Middle East and Asia are warmly welcomed at the college. For many students, embarking on undergraduate or postgraduate study involves moving to Cyprus. As well as coping with academic work, international students will also have to adjust to a different way of life, an environment with a different culture and a different language. We ensure that we will make this transition as smooth as possible.
The College aims to underpin its mission by meeting the following objectives:
- To recruit and retain qualified faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching;
- To promote and support research and scholarship, academic freedom and faculty development;
- To recruit and retain qualified administrators dedicated to adequately servicing the students' needs;
- To offer programs of study of high quality that can respond to the current and future needs of the society;
- To introduce and maintain adequate educational facilities, resources and services of high quality that can provide a stimulating environment conducive to learning; and
- To have a clear organizational and administrative structure and employ effective policies, procedures and regulations that can support the College in achieving its mission.
Situated at the heart of Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus, the American College gives students the best of both worlds: the educational and cultural world of museums, theatres, libraries and exhibitions, and the entertainment world of cinemas, clubs, societies and sport facilities, all within walking distance from the college.