University of Derby
The University of Derby is in an excellent location in the heart of the UK just one and a half hours from London by train. There are two campuses, one in Derby and one in Buxton, both are easily accessible by road, rail and air.
We currently have nearly 1,000 overseas students from 76 countries studying with us, and over 700 EU students from across 26 countries.
One of our key aims here at Derby is to provide further and higher education in partnership with institutions.
Why to choose Derby University?
- University spent over £100 million on improving facilities in the last few years, to make sure students will have a great student experience at Derby. Derby has lots of facilities for learning, sports and socializing.
- A really safe city and campuses. Both campuses are friendly and safe - Derby's the safest city in the East Midlands. Campuses have 24 hour staff cover, security and CCTV
- Accommodation guaranteed for first years
- Generous financial support to help you. University offers a range of bursaries to help make university affordable. (up to 1200)
- Flexible courses. University offers full time, part time and online courses. There are over 25 online courses available.
- Respected by employers. Many courses are developed with employers and guarantee a job after graduation. Also students can get professionals qualifications while study at university.
- World class research at university. Over half of our research activity has been ranked as 'of international excellence', and some even as 'world class'.
- A strong global partners from Greece, Russia, China, Africa etc
- Award winning staff. ( THE Leadership and Management Award of 2010, Awards from England Athletics, National Teaching Fellow and etc)
University has more than 80 undergraduate courses and over 40 postgraduate courses. For students who are not sure or ready for a degree or need more experience in a subject, university also runs Access courses and the foundation years like the Year Zero and Technology Foundation Programme. Professional courses and qualifications are available at Derby University.
At Derby we have lots of facilities for learning, sports and socialising. We provide lots of facilities ranging from our all-weather sports pitch to our plush and modern Students' Union bar. Our recent development of sports facilities at both Buxton's Harpur Hill and Kedleston Road's Kirtley Building means our University now accommodates state of the art gym and fitness centres, ensuring you'll get the most from your university experience.
Our friendly admissions team is here to help you with your application at any stage
It's our job to help you through the process of applying to the University of Derby, and to make fair decisions based on our quality standards and admissions policy.
As someone who's applying to do a course at Derby, we'll help you by:
- guiding you through how to apply, whether you're hoping to study an undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course
- looking at your application and deciding, with help from tutors, how suitable you are for the course
- sending out your offer letter
- inviting you to events that will help you find out if Derby's right for you, eg open days
- organising the Confirmation and Clearing processes
- sending you joining instructions, including induction details
We also help other people within the University by
- providing statistics to senior management, about application numbers, conversion information and applicant trend analysis
- developing and updating the admissions code of practices and policies, eg QAA, equal opportunities etc.