International Management Institute Switzerland (IMI)
2016 marks the 25th anniversary of IMI International Management Institute Switzerland. Over the past quarter-century we have prided ourselves in offering our students the highest level of hospitality education and a unique welcoming atmosphere that means that, 25 years later, we are still producing happy and successful graduates.
IMI International Management Institute Switzerland first opened its doors on July 30th 1991. Our founders Mr. Heinz Bürki, Mr. Tom Maher, and Mr. Rudolf Fischer and 10 staff members welcomed 55 students. Today IMI’s 60 strong staff welcomes around 200 students per semester from all over the world to our Luzern campus. We have deliberately remained small. This way our students can be assured of a highly personalised and individual approach to their learning.
The combination of quality academic teaching, Swiss practical training and breathtaking scenery are a recipe for success. Added to this our excellent industry contacts provide CV enhancing internships as well as numerous recruitment opportunities on completion of your studies. Our graduates can be found in senior management positions all around the Globe. Their success shows that to reach the top it pays to start at the top.
We guarantee to find job opportunities for all our graduates. You will be first when it comes to paid practical training opportunities in Switzerland or abroad. Our excellent reputation with major international hotel chains and industry leaders means that companies come to IMI to recruit high quality students for their management training programmes and future leadership roles.
IMI is a successful, independent, private hotel management institute. We have a highly qualified core faculty, supported by inspiring visiting lecturers. Our small classes assure personal attention while our impressive accreditations guarantee quality. Our wide range of courses will challenge you, providing knowledge and practical training for your future career.
- Different pathways to choose from
- Various entry levels available
- Accelerated programmes
- Courses validated by Manchester Metropolitan & Oxford Brookes University
- Excellent quality assurance and recognition
- Outstanding visiting faculty
- Small classes, personal coaching
- Diploma in International Culinary Arts
- Higher Diploma in International Culinary Arts
- BA (Hons) in International Culinary Arts
- Foundation Degree in International Hotel and Tourism Management
- Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management
- Higher Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management
- BA International Hotel Management
- BA International Hotel and Tourism Management
- BA International Hotel and Events Management
- BA International Tourism and Event Management
- BA International Hospitality